There are a lot of dental problems which anyone may experience. Some of these dental problems may include stained teeth, crooked teeth, badly shaped teeth or even gaps in your teeth. All these dental concerns might be mistakes by nature or injury results. If you have some problems like the ones mentioned above, then don’t be worried because these dilemmas are very simple to correct.
One good option which many people can use for these specific problems is the dental veneers. Dental veneers are customized and made up of shells crafted of any tooth-colored materials. Usually, these veneers will be placed on the front of your teeth. When your dentist is done doing a model for your veneers, then it will be sent directly to the dental technician inside the dental laboratory for crafting.
Two Types of Dental Veneers
The two most prominent materials utilized in dental veneers are porcelain and composite resin. The following are the two main distinctions of the two types of veneers:
1. Porcelain veneers – These materials are brittle, but when these are utilized and firmly bonded to your teeth, these are very durable and strong.
2. Composite veneers – These can be fabricated by your dental care specialist inside your mouth while you are at the dental office.
These two types of dental veneers are both fabricated by any qualified dental technician inside the dental laboratory. During the crafting of veneers by the dental technician, these will be bonded to your teeth through the use of resin cement.
Dental Veneers – Proper Placing and Cleaning Procedures
During the procedure, the dentist will remove a small quantity of your tooth surface so as to allow placement of the dental veneers. A form of your teeth is taken and then it will be sent to the dental laboratory. The dental technician should make sure that the dental veneers are suitable or fit enough to your teeth and mouth. When the veneers are made, these will now be bonded to your teeth using the resin cement.
For cleaning and proper maintenance of dental veneers, you have to make sure that you are doing the right procedures just like on your own teeth. You have to clean your veneers every day so as not to get stained. For you to get rid of the plague bacteria and food debris, you need to brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste. It is also advisable to do flossing procedure even once a day. If you would like to use dental products for your proper maintenance, then you must first consult your dentist about these products. Make sure to purchase and use recommended products only so as not to face or encounter further issues. Through consultation with your dentist before purchasing any kinds of product, you can have an assurance that only quality and good products will be used during the maintenance. Your dental care specialist will always recommend products that can maintain the life span of your dental veneers.
- Teeth whitening May 31, 2016
- Same Day Crown May 23, 2016
- Root canals: debunking the myths May 14, 2016
- Lumineers May 6, 2016
- The process of getting Invisalign April 28, 2016
- Gum Treatment April 19, 2016
- What is General Dentistry April 10, 2016
- Dental implants: Options and Advantages April 2, 2016
- Types of Dental Crowns March 26, 2016
- Cosmetic Dentist March 19, 2016
- Latest 3D Imaging and 3D guided Dental Implants March 10, 2016
- Missing Teeth February 29, 2016